Thursday, October 25, 2007

Naughty Roger whips del Potro

After a rather shaky start at his hometown tournament, Roger stamped his authority with a quick 58-minute 6-1 6-4 win over young Argentine Juan Martin del Potro to move into the semifinals of the Davidoff Swiss Indoors.

Although I didn't get to watch the match itself (no coverage at all of this minor tournament at my favorite cable sports channel), it was clear that the top seed was back into his winning ways raising his game when needed, to the obvious delight of the home crowd in Basel.

However, it seems that the highlight of that event came during the post-match interview throughout which Federer was practically rendered speechless by a fit of giggles after giving a naughty answer to an question posed by his interviewer.



For my part, I was laughing throughout that interview the first time I watched it even if I couldn't understand a word that was being said; Federer has such a funny infectious laugh. Thankfully somebody provided a rough translation so that I eventually found out what the big joke was all about.

No comments: